We are a fast-paced, busy firm that is currently looking for an estate planning/probate legal assistant. This is a full-time position that also offers medical, dental and vision insurance and a 401(k) plan.
- Proofreading skills
- Typing speed of at least 50 WPM
- Strong knowledge of Microsoft Office (Outlook, Word, Excel, Legal Solutions)
- A minimum of 2 years of legal office experience in estate planning and probate. A background in litigation is a plus.
- Draft letters, memos, email and legal documents for review
- Check and edit legal forms and documents for accuracy
- Keep attorneys organized, know deadlines and help prioritize
- Schedule client visits and answer phones as needed
- A team player with the ability to self-direct
- Has the ability to resolve problems timely and able to determine the appropriate course of action
- Displays high level of proficiency with computers and other technology
- Exercises good judgment
- Extremely organized
- Strong communication skills
- Able to work at a fast pace
- Outgoing with excellent personal and phone skills
Work Schedule: M-F 8am - 5pm
Compensation: Based on Experience. Benefits included.
Posted: August 24, 2016