Van Dermyden Maddux Law Corporation seeks to fill two Attorney positions with individuals who will become a vital part of our team. The Firm specializes in conducting independent workplace investigations, as well as investigations in educational settings on a broad range of issues. The successful candidates must have two to four years of experience practicing law, and must have a background and/or interest in investigations, employment law, education law, administrative law, or public interest law and a desire to be part of this growing venture. Strong writing and analytical skills are essential to this position.
Van Dermyden Maddux Law Corporation is dedicated to the goal of building a culturally diverse and pluralistic staff committed to investigating and working in a multicultural environment.
Required Traits: Self-motivated; flexible; dependable; detail-oriented; focused; organized; ability to prioritize effectively and meet deadlines; strong writing skills; ability to assess facts with impartiality and eliminate personal biases; strong interpersonal and neutral interviewing skills; and, comfortable working in a small team environment.
- Draft, revise, edit and proofread detailed reports, documents, and correspondence
- Conduct investigations from intake to completion
- Conduct witness interviews
- Review, interpret, analyze and evaluate witness statements, documents and physical evidence collected during investigations
- Review, summarize, create and organize legal documents and information
- Perform legal research
- Travel frequently within California
- May also perform other duties as appropriate to the skill, experience and education level of the candidate, and the needs of the office
Qualifications: Licensed attorney for the State of California with two to four years of experience practicing law, with over one year in the field of private or public sector employment, education, administrative law or public interest law. Be able to adjust to an ever-changing work day.
Salary will be determined based on qualifications and experience. Benefits provided.
To Apply, Please submit a cover letter and resume to:
Van Dermyden Maddux Law Corp.
FAX: (916) 779-1451
Posted: July 18, 2016