As a registered student, you are allocated 1500 free copies/prints, for the academic year, from the copier/printer located in the library. These are accessed through your copy/print passcode, which was provided to you at registration. Below is the list of commonly asked questions and answers about the copier/printer and SJCL’s policies. Please take a moment to read it over and become more familiar with how printing and copying works at SJCL.
- How many copies/prints do I get and for how long?
- You are allotted $150 of copy/prints per academic year at $.10 each totaling 1,500. Each year coincides with the academic year from August until the end of May.
- For most students, 1,500 copies/prints are more than enough for the academic year. If not, see question #9.
- Instructions to connect to the printer/copier are found in the Support Guides section of our website. There are also printed instructions on the wall in the library copy machine room.
- Instructions for logging in and out of the copier/printer are posted just above the machine in the library.
- When you photocopy, the machine will automatically log you out after 45 seconds of inactivity. So, if you forget to logout of the machine it will eventually do it, however, it is very important to remember to log out. If someone follows behind you and starts copying before the system automatically logs out, it will be charged to your account. Unfortunately, we cannot correct or be responsible for this type of event. Instructions for logging out are on the wall behind the copy machine.
- Follow Me Print will display the cost of the current print job and your remaining balance.
- We are charged by the vendor for each image put on the page, so a double sided copy/print would be charged $.20. If you reduce the size and copy two pages of a book onto one page, it will charge $.10.
- If you have depleted your printing/copying allotment, you will not be able to print without purchasing additional amounts. You can add more funds to your print account through www.sjcl.edu.
- Excess allotted and purchased copies WILL NOT CARRY OVER TO THE NEW ACADEMIC YEAR.
- If you are part of Student Bar Association, San Joaquin Agricultural Law Review, moot court teams, Delta Theta Phi, or LawSUIT, you should have access to the organization’s passcode. Please contact your organization’s leadership for more details.
- You will need to fill out a replacement ID form and pay the $5 fee.
- Unfortunately, we cannot correct your account when you make errors.
- Yes, you can scan materials on the copier/printer to your Microsoft OneDrive. Please keep in mind copyright restrictions under Title 17 of the United States Code. Directions on how to scan items are found in the copy room.
- No, scanning is free and unlimited.
If you have further questions, please contact the IT help desk.