Local company who is engaged in several businesses in Tulare County is searching for a highly motivated CA-licensed Lawyer for the position of in-house counsel. This person will be exposed to a variety of legal matters that pertain to the organization.
As in-house counsel, this person will collaborate and work directly with the business owner to provide legal advice and risk management counseling on a variety of legal matters relating to the day to day operations of each business and to represent the Company in litigation matters.
This person may work from home or from an office that is set up in one of the Company's locations. The workweek will generally be Monday through Friday and is estimated to be 20-30 hours per week.
- Admitted to practice law in the State of California for at least 1 year;
- Have excellent research skills and prior experience with drafting pleadings and motions, preparing and responding to discovery requests, and making court appearances;
- Have knowledge of California State Civil Procedure and Rules of Court;
- Possess excellent verbal and written communication skills; and
- Possess the ability to handle time sensitive documents and deadlines.
Posted: February 1, 2016