Fresno Child Advocates represents children who have been abused or neglected and are involved in the Fresno County Juvenile Dependency system. Our office seeks a full-time attorney to represent children from the initial stages of the proceedings and throughout the child welfare process - including legal research and writing, attending hearings, and participating in trials. This position offers a unique opportunity to gain valuable courtroom experience and make a difference in the lives of Fresno County foster youth.
- Court representation of minors at all phases of dependency proceedings.
- Interview and counsel minor clients.
- Consultation with other counsel, social workers, mental health practitioners, law enforcement, and other child welfare professionals.
- Analyzing and applying legal principles and facts and making appropriate recommendations to the court.
- Conducting legal research and preparing and filing motions, writs, briefs, and other court forms as necessary.
- Effective communication with a broad population of individuals - with varying levels of education, diverse socioeconomic and cultural backgrounds.
- Communicating sensitive topics with compassion, empathy, and diplomacy.
- Time management and ability to manage large caseload.
- Active membership in the State Bar of California.
- Prior court and/or dependency experience is preferred, but not required. Training will be provided, as well as opportunities to participate in continuing legal education.
Email Cover Letter and Resume to:
Ronald D. Smith
Fresno Child Advocates, Inc.
2014 Tulare Street
Fresno, California 93721
Posted: September 7, 2016