Experience: 0-5 years in a legal services program or other law office
Application Deadline: Open until filled
Term of Employment: Permanent Full Time
Other: FLSA Exempt, Union Position
Central California Legal Services, Inc. (CCLS) seeks applicants for a full-time staff attorney position. The initial assignment will be with the Housing Law Team.
Provide high quality legal services, from advice and brief services to full representation, and education to members of the client community and foster a cooperative and productive relationship with the staff and community groups. A commitment to impact litigation, team work and community lawyering is essential.
- Provide legal representation to clients consistent with CCLS program priorities.
- Participate in planning and strategy meetings with project partners.
- Work with CCLS advocates to ensure the delivery of high quality legal services.
- May need to participate in weekly CCLS case review meetings.
- Identify and analyze systemic issues through individual casework, reviews of the CCLS data and participation in statewide networks of legal services advocates.
- Interface with other CCLS and California advocates on issues of mutual interest.
- Co-counsel with other legal staff.
- Work with client groups and community-based service providers to identify community lawyering opportunities.
- Participate in community outreach and education events.
- Adhere to CCLS policies and procedures.
- Attend continuing legal education seminars and keep abreast of changes in the law.
- Other duties as assigned.
- The candidate should not be afraid of litigation and be trial ready. Be excited to litigate cases that will have a positive impact on the community.
To Apply: Please e-mail cover letter (in your cover letter please indicate the CCLS office you would prefer), resume, and three references along with a legal writing sample (no more than 10 pages) to:
Deputy Director Administration
Posted: August 19, 2016