A Large Fresno based law firm has an immediate opening for an associate immigration attorney with trial experience. Our firm strives for excellence in legal representation and has been selected for Northern California Super Lawyers Rising Stars multiple times 2013-2015 and nominated for Street Fighter of the year with CAOC 2014. This position offers a competitive negotiable starting salary (based on experience), benefits package after 90 day probationary period, and an annual performance based bonus.
- The competent, ethical, and diligent representation of clients in all cases assigned by Managing Attorney involving all areas of immigration practice with moderate complexity.
- Consulting with and rendering opinions to potential clients, and current clients concerning the legal aspects of the handling of personal injury and medical malpractice claims.
Our Ideal Candidate will possess the following:
- JD and a member in good standing of the California State Bar.
- 3 or more years of litigation experience.
- Well organized, prompt, strong communication skills required.
- Strong research and writing skills.
- Handle and manage immigration files from inception through trial.
- Having experience in preparing motions to vacate under Penal Code 1016.5 & Habeas Corpus Motions for ineffective assistance a plus;
- Prepare immigration cases for trial;
- Fluency in a second language is a plus;
- Ability to work independently and set priorities, a self-starter who is able to manage large caseloads. Very organized with strong people skills and able to work in a fast-paced environment.
- This is a partner track position.
Posted: July 18, 2016